There is a new mural and retail space that has been added to the parking structure at 11th and Hope. The changes are aesthetically pleasing and are making the neighborhood a brighter place to live.
The owner of the 7-story parking structure, Downtown LA-based PSP Investment Group, decided to retrofit the parking structure by replacing the first parking level facing Hope Street with new retail space totaling about 11,000 square feet.
This structure is across the street from Luma lofts.
Luma towers 19 stories above ground and the architecture blends angles, height and sheer lines. The tall slender exterior is wrapped in glass giving the loft light. It was constructed by the South Group in 2007.
Lofts have floor to ceiling, wall-to-wall glass providing dramatic views of the city. These “soft lofts” have rich wood maple hardwood floors and 11 foot ceilings. They also have Frigidaire ® stainless steel appliances, sleek wood cabinetry and ribbed inserts. Kitchen and bath countertops are made of Caesarstone ® and have Kohler ® fixtures with elegant slate tile flooring. The residences range from one and two bedroom live/work soft loft and penthouse units.
The amenities are luxurious at Luma with beautiful views of the downtown L.A. skyline from the heated saline lap pool and spa. The deck on the fourth floor is designed with a modern, sleek look providing comfort and many intimate seating areas for residents to gather. For those that love to cook, there are several barbeque grills along with picnic tables to help you entertain your guests in a deck that has a peaceful ambiance with its bamboo shoots, waterfall fountain and serene garden experience. This outdoor common area is spacious and can accommodate many residents. Heat lamps are also provided near the swimming pool for residents who like to enjoy nighttime swimming. Residents can also entertain near the outdoor fireplace where there is lounge seating on the deck. The deck is shared with residents at Elleven.
Luma has a modern, cosmopolitan and sleek interior design with an elegant lobby, an attendant and package delivery. There is gated parking and on-site security. It is close to many of L.A.’s best restaurants, L.A. Live ®, FIDM (the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise)®, the Staples Center ®, home to the world class Nokia Theatre ® at L.A. Live ® which holds concerts, movie premieres and award shows.
If you are looking for the loft experience that is sleek, cosmopolitan and luxurious with world-class entertainment at your fingertips, Luma is the place to be.
• 19 Stories with 236 Units
• Outdoor Terrace
• Heated Saline Lap Pool
• Outdoor Fireplace with Lounge Seating
• Sculpted Glass, Metal and Concrete Exterior
• Sustainable and Environmentally Responsible Design and Construction
• Large Elevations of Glazed Glass
• Outdoor Lounge Areas with Lush Landscaping
• Elegant Lobby with Attendant and Package Delivery
• Intimate Spaces for Gathering and Entertaining
• Barbeque Area and Outdoor Fireplace
• Street Level Retail Space
• Sleek Wood Cabinetry Ribbed with Glass Inserts
• Oversized Bathroom Mirrors with Integrated Vanity Light
• Designer Frigidaire Stainless Steel Appliances
• Utility Room with Washer and Vented Dryer Hookups
• Expansive Windows Featuring Operable Openings for Natural Ventilation
• Spacious Walk-in Closets (varies by plan)
• Outdoor Terraces and Juliet Balconies (varies by location)
• High-quality Cast Iron Tubs and/or Walk-in Shower with Ceramic Tile Surrounds and Glass Enclosure (per plan)
• Ice Stone Slab Kitchen Countertops ® with Matching Backsplash ®
• Modern Under Mount Sinks with Heavy Duty Disposal and European Pull-out Faucets ®
• Designer Stainless Steel Appliances Package by Electrolux ®, Thermador ®, Viking ® and
Bosch ® (Penthouse units)