Today, I will be showing the Shy Barry Grand Loft for sale. The unit is 312 W. 5th St. #1103, LA CA 90013.
The loft is offered at $370,000. It is a 1bd, 1ba 830 sq. ft. loft.
Located in the Historic Core and the Jewelry District, Shy Barry Grand is a 12-story historic building built in 1921 and was previously known as the Fifth Street Department Store. The building, designed by Aleck Curlett was converted into residential use by Barry Shy in 2004 and now comprises 280 condos, limited parking for residents and ground floor retail stores.
The Shy Barry offers residents great city views through large oversized industrial windows. The lofts also offer high exposed brick barreled ceilings, polished concrete floors and open air balconies for certain units.
Surrounded by the Jewelry and Theater districts, the building offers excellent amenities including a rooftop pool and spa and a fitness center. The lofts feature upgraded stainless steel kitchens and large oval tubs.
Residents will enjoy this thriving, creative and cultural live/work environment. The Shy Barry Grand offers an urban home with the appeal of luxury lofts.
• 12 Stories with 280 units
• 24 Hour Valet Parking
• Fitness Center
• Community Rooftop Pool & Spa
• Beaux-Arts Architecture
• Large Antique Windows
• Polished Concrete Floors
• Glass Cook top Stoves
• High Ceilings
• Washer and Dryer (Most units)
• Central AC/Heat
I will also be showing the Rowan Lofts today for sale. The loft for sale is on 460 S. Spring St. #908 LA, CA 90013.
The loft is offered at $385,000. It is a studio with one 1ba at 600 sq. ft with one parking spot.
The Rowan Building Lofts is located on the corner of 5th and Spring Street in Downtown L.A.’s Historic Core. It is an iconic loft residence amongst interesting and diverse restaurants, galleries and shops. It is also in the heart of the widely popular Downtown L.A. Art Walk event and is a midst the excitement of art culture. A great feature that the Rowan has its exceptional natural light because of its extremely high ratio of window to square footage combined with it’s south facing orientation. The windows are impressive because most measure 4’ x 8’ or larger and they are great for viewing the dramatic city views.
Within the Old Bank District, the Rowan was previously home to many of the city’s most prominent stock brokerage and law firms. Robert A. Rowan and A.C. Bilicke originally built the Rowan in 1912. It was designed by John Parkinson who also designed L.A.’s City Hall, the Pacific Stock Exchange and the Alexandria Hotel.
Inside the loft, residents enjoy great live/work spaces. The Lofts have Italian designed finished kitchens and bathrooms with original mahogany single-paned, laminated glass windows in operable frames. These windows offer great natural light and beautiful city views durin the night. Select 12th floor and penthouse lofts feature large round skylights, while the 1st and 2nd floors boast French doors that open to private patios and balconies.
The Rowan Building Lofts offers great live/work lofts amongst Downtown’s art, culture and excitement and the Downtown’s culture continues to grow every year and the Rowan is in the heart of its growth.
• 12 Floors and 1 Penthouse Level with 206 Live/Work Units
• Beaux-arts Style Clad in Original Face Brick and Terra Cotta
• Original Marble Tile Flooring in Elevator Lobbies
• 24-hour Patrol and Concierge
• Gas BBQ Area
• Original Marble Tile Flooring in Elevator Lobby
• 4′ x 8′ or Larger Mahogany Framed Windows
• 10 Feet Ceilings on Most Floors
• Private Decks and Patios in Select Units
• Fine Italian Kitchens ® Including Scavolini ® Cabinets with Granite or Caesarstone ® Countertops
• Scavoline ® Bathroom Cabinets with Granite or Caesarstone ® Countertops
• Washer and Dryer Ready
• Hardwood Birch ® Flooring
• Penthouse Units Offer 15+ Feet Ceilings
• Skylights and Extra High Ceilings in Penthouse Residences & some 12th Floor Units
• Pre-wired Cable/TV/Internet
• Toto ® Bathroom Fixtures
• Bosch ® Stainless Steel Appliances