The Eastern Columbia building is a beautiful turquoise terra cotta and gold leaf 13-story art deco tower. It epitomized the height of an opulent era when it opened in 1930. Originally, Claude Beelman constructed the building in 1930 for the Eastern Columbia Outfitting Company. It was modernized by the KOR Group and Killefer Flammang Architects in 2007. Today, this historical and cultural monument offers residents a unique downtown experience with its luxurious contemporary upgrades and classic period details.
The 147 live/work lofts showcase the timeless details of the early 20th century along with modern upgrades. The Eastern Columbia has great amenities. The rooftop features a leisure terrace with an impressive sky deck. The rooftop is underneath the famous clock tower and the sky deck features a swimming pool, spa, lounging cabanas, outdoor fireplace and a fitness studio that offers great views of the city. Also, another impressive feature that the Eastern Columbia has is its grand lobby. The grand lobby is sophisticated and magnificent reminiscent of the opulent era when this building opened.
Eastern Columbia is located in an exciting area of the Historic Core that borders the Fashion District and South Park. Umami Burger ® is across the street and the Eastern Columbia is moments from many Downtown L.A. hotspots such as restaurants, bars, the Staples Center ®, LA Live ®, the Arts District and the Disney ® Concert Hall.
The Eastern Columbia provides residents a sophisticated experience with its opulent architectural details.
• 13 Stories with 147 Units
• Luxurious Contemporary Upgrades
• Resort-inspired Roof-level Leisure Terrace
• Elegant Lobby Appointments, Including Fluted Paneling and Antiqued Mirrors
• Classic Period Details
• Rooftop Pool, Spa, Sundeck, Outdoor Fireplace
• Residential Architectural Conversion by Award-Winning Firm Killefer Flammang ®
• Interior Redesign by Internationally Acclaimed Firm Kelly Wearstler Interior Design ®
• Landscaped Ground-level Entry Courtyard with Fountain
• European-style Wood Cabinetry
• Ceilings up to 14 Feet
• Granite Counters
• Concrete Floors
• Stone Countertops
• Custom-designed Faucets, Shower and Tub Hardware
• Penny Round Tub Surrounds
• Decorative Lighting and Architectural Hardware
• Large Soaking Tubs
• High-speed Internet Access
• Satellite Television
• Gourmet Kitchens featuring Stainless Steel Amana ® Appliances
• Washer and Dryer Hook-ups
• Oversized Bathrooms
• Digital Climate Controls
• Decorative Lighting